Sunday, August 21, 2005

LIPAD HIMPAPAWID


5TH FIGHTER WING AIRCRAFT

P-51 Mustang

The P-51 Mustang started its service with the team from 1952 to 1955. No remarkable marking was noted for this photo except for the old 5th Fighter Wing seal in the tail fin.


F-86F Sabre

The F-86F Sabre jet served the team in 1957 to 1967. The Blue Diamonds marking found its place in the forward area of the fuselage. The Nine-man team insignia is neatly placed in the nose section as well the team position is reflected in the tail fin.





F-5A Freedom Fighter

The F-5A Freedom Fighter became the regular mainstay of the team from 1968 to the present. The Blue Diamonds marking is now fitted with the team position while the team insignia is no longer present at the fuselage nor at the nose section. The 6th Tactical Fighter Squadron seal remained in the tail fin.



This F-5A paint scheme was used in 1995 wherein the team position is the only remarkable symbol on this aircraft for use of the Blue Diamonds team. The 6th Tactical Fighter Squadron seal was replaced by the Philippine Air Force seal in the tail fin section.








With the arrival of additional F-5As in 1998, the team used the usual Blue Diamonds paint scheme except for the camouflage










By 1999, the team F-5As bear the original paint scheme for the Blue Diamonds used since 1968.(Note: Silver color replaced with gray.)

CORTEZ HEADQUARTERS

CORTEZ GENERAL HEADQUARTERS